Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Appreciation

This week Alex and I had our engagement photos taken. It was nerve wracking, exciting, and fun. Our photographer was amazing at making us laugh and feel comfortable. And I think that we got some really wonderful photos that I will cherish for a lifetime.


When I looked through the pictures with Alex it was really interesting to see us from an outside perspective. You know, we are a couple, we have our own unique quirks about us, and normally we don't get to see what other people see. These pictures have helped me remember some of the things that I really appreciate about Alex. It reminded me of the things that make us unique as a couple; things that I really cherish and enjoy.

So, here is a list of some of those things:
~ We are silly.
~ We love to laugh...at ourselves and each other.
~ Alex makes me feel safe, comfortable, and confident.
~ We enjoy music and playing music together.
~ We are dreamers. We aren't afraid to have dreams and chase them with each other.
~ We are each other's first love. 

I really could go on and on with this list, but I don't think anyone would keep reading. But I am feeling so blessed right now to have this amazing man in my life. I feel blessed to be a part of a relationship that is immensely more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed up. 

And now I want to encourage anyone who reads this to look at your relationships. It doesn't have to be a spouse or significant other. It could be a friend, or someone in your family. But look at your relationships and really take time to enjoy the special things about your relationship. Be grateful for those things and take the time to tell that person how much they mean to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment